Shaun has a background in commissioning, procuring and delivering social care, health, and homelessness services, as well as developing housing with care. He has worked for local authorities, voluntary organisations, housing associations and a national membership organisation.
He has considerable experience of working in senior commissioning roles, including jointly commissioning services with Clinical Commissioning Groups and developing outcomes based commissioning, including the use of Social Impact Bonds. He has been responsible for implementing key aspects of the Care Act 2014, in particular the market shaping and commissioning requirements.
He has written good practice guides and toolkits including a ‘Toolkit for a framework agreement for care services’ (South West Councils) and ‘The effectiveness of floating support’ (DCLG).
Shaun is a qualified social worker with a Postgraduate Certificate in Qualification for Social Work (CQSW) and a CIPS Diploma in Purchasing and Supply.
- DCLG – Development and implementation of key aspects of the Supporting People programme
- DCLG – Experts Panel (community-based support services)
- GLA – London Homelessness Social Impact Bond
- LGA – Local Authority Market Shaping diagnostic assessments
- Interim Commercial Director for a supported housing provider
Key areas of work
Strategic service reviews/ Feasibility studies/Service evaluations/ Development of supported living and extra care housing/ Commissioning and procurement/Strategy/ Digital solutions