Jane is a wide-ranging management consultant, who has held senior posts in both private and public sectors, including specialist adviser on local government efficiency in the Department for Communities & Local Government, assistant director in a London Borough and Operations Director London in a national government agency. Her areas of expertise include project and programme management, corporate governance, performance improvement, risk management, partnership working, and business development.
Jane spent 10 years in commercial banking, before moving into local and central government. She was at The Housing Corporation for 10 years, latterly as Operations Director London. She then spent seven years as Assistant Director of Housing, responsible for Housing Needs, at the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea. Following two years as Specialist Adviser at the Department for Communities & Local Government, she joined Grant Thornton as a Senior Manager, where she spent eight years. She is now working as a consultant.
At Grant Thornton, her experience covered delivery of front line public services, service improvement and efficiency programmes, managing multi-disciplinary staff teams and programme and project management. Her period there included secondment to HM Treasury for 20 months, leading a national transformation programme that delivered a shared service model for business risk services across Whitehall and over 600 government agencies.
She is a Prince 2 practitioner and has extensive experience of working with not for profit and commercial clients, primarily on improving performance and cost efficiency, transferring good practice, advising on regulatory issues and providing critical friend support.
- Strategic options review for small London based housing association;
- Supporting merger of a specialist housing association joining a larger London housing association;
- Examining merger and growth options for a North East based leisure services provider, including exploratory discussions with potential partners;
- Similarly examining merger and growth options for a North West based leisure services provider;
- Supporting merger negotiations between two medium-sized South East housing groups;
- Board appraisal for a major multi-regional housing group.
Key areas of work: