Eamon has 40 years’ experience in housing management having started at the Greater London Council in 1977 as a management trainee. He then worked for the London Boroughs of Brent, Hillingdon and Barnet before joining Islington in June 1998 as Assistant Director (Housing Management).
Eamon was appointed Chief Executive of Homes for Islington in 2004 and retained that position until March 2012. During his tenure Homes for Islington achieved 3 stars with excellent prospects for improvement from the Audit Commission, completed a £650m Decent Homes programme and increased tenant satisfaction from 50 to 72%.
- Assisted Barnet Homes prepare an options paper for London Borough of Barnet on business opportunities
- Technical assessments for the recruitment of a number of ALMO and Housing Association Chief Executives
- Review of Newark and Sherwood Homes Senior Management structure
- Assisted with review of Shropshire Towns and Rural Housing, focussing on development and new business opportunities
- Supported review of City West Homes
Eamon is now an independent consultant and is currently Managing Director of the National Federation of ALMOs which is the trade body for all ALMO’s. He also undertakes a variety of housing consultancy work including recruitment assessment, mentoring and housing strategy reviews.
Eamon is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Housing, the Institute of Management and the Housing Finance Institute.