Chartered Member of IOSH and a Member of the Institute of Fire Safety Managers and has been a health and safety practitioner for nearly 20 years, most of which has been spent working in the housing and care and support sectors.
David was Group Health and Safety Manager for the Accord Group for six years before starting his own consultancy business.
He specialises in fire safety and is highly qualified in this field. David is one of a few registered under the BAFE SP205 Life Fire Risk Assessors scheme. He also has significant experience in fire safety management at a senior level and is the only person in the country approved to deliver a certified fire risk management course specifically designed for the housing sector.
David has worked for many housing associations and care and support providers over the years undertaking a variety of projects including development and implementation of full health and safety management systems, compliance subject reviews, policy and procedure development, reviews and improvements.
- Delivery of Level 4 Certificate Fire Risk Management in Complex Residential Properties course and development of health and safety procedures for Hanover Housing;
- Health and Safety compliance audit for Medway Housing;
- Development of a full suite of health and safety policies and procedures for Brent Housing;
- Fire risk assessment programme delivery for a Local Authority and large housing association;
- Management review and action plan for Stoke City Council.
Key areas of work:
Fire risk assessing /risk management/ Health and Safety compliance subject reviews/Health and Safety management system, reviews, development and improvement/ policy and procedure reviews
Care and supported housing including registered care, sheltered housing, extra care, supported living for those with learning disabilities, mental health conditions, and physical disabilities.