Cath Davies has worked in social housing for over 30 years. She specialises in rent income collection, welfare reform, tenancy management, performance management and business improvement.
Now with bases in England and Dublin, Cath provides services to clients in both the UK and the Republic of Ireland.
During a 19-year career at Midland Heart (33,000-home social landlord in the West Midlands) Cath led and managed both generic housing teams and specialist income teams. She managed a large business transformation project to rationalise rent income processes and structures following a merger. She also project managed a mock-inspection and a Short Notice Inspection.
A PRINCE2 qualified Project Manager, Cath is an astute critical friend: she adds value to projects by challenging accepted norms and supporting clients in finding efficient and effective ways of delivering core housing management services.
Cath is a member of the Chartered Institute of Housing.
- Conducting Quality Assurance income management and tenancy management service reviews.
- Developing and leading the national projects “Working together to create sustainable tenancies” and “Working together to collect the rent”.
- Process re-engineering and process mapping.
- Using “nudge theory” to redesign income collection arrears letters.
- Running workshops on re-designing pre-tenancy services (so as to maximise rent collection and create sustainable tenancies).
- Project managing welfare reform preparations and data analysis.
Key areas of work:
Rent income collection /Welfare reform / Tenancy management /Performance management and business modernisation.