Jon is a Director at Campbell Tickell and has worked here since 2013. He has worked in social housing for 32 years, including 16 years as a consultant and interim manager. He has led a variety of large and complex programmes and projects at Director/Head level with his broad skill set and an energetic, engaging approach. He has strong skills in value for money, business assurance, housing and asset management. His specialisms include working with Boards and executives, business transformation and turnaround, strategic input, stakeholder management and process engineering.
Examples of his work include:-
• Governance – work with Boards on Board performance and specialist expertise: Cobalt Housing, Equity Housing, Vale of Aylesbury Housing Trust, Wrekin Housing Trust, Northampton Partnership Homes, Kensington and Chelsea Tenant Management Organisation, Confederation of Cooperative Housing and Network Housing Group.
• Value for Money – leads on VFM for Campbell Tickell and has worked on the subject from a variety of angles: co-authoring a VFM Good Practice guide for PlaceShapers; writing and quality assuring VFM strategies and self-assessments and helping organisations overcome downgrades arising from VFM issues.
• Business/Quality Assurance – leads on Business Assurance for Campbell Tickell, managing delivery of our flexible approach to business/quality assurance across a range of clients. For some clients these are one-off reviews; for others such as Thrive Homes and South Essex Homes, these are multi-year programmes of reviews.
• Strategic Review and Transformation – led wide-ranging reviews of corporate and departmental structures and processes, most recently for York Housing Association. Jon leads on corporate transformation for Campbell Tickell.
• Client Management – a track record of successful client and project management and the provision of executive oversight to diverse clients on a wide range of projects. These successes are built on an ability to understand client requirements and translate them into outcomes together with a willingness to ask the awkward questions when to do so adds value.
• Asset Management– At CityWest Homes, Jon delivered a comprehensive review of asset management strategy including new supply, disposal, performance specifications, estate planning, refurbishment standards, performance measurement, business process engineering and quality assurance. At Homes for Islington Jon wrote an ALMO Asset Management strategy that changed an Audit Commission ‘area of weakness’ (one star report) to an ‘area of considerable strength’ (two stars).
• Change Management – For CityWest Homes Jon initiated, developed and secured ALMO and council approval for a 3 year, £5.7m multi-project change programme including a rationalisation of offices and CRM implementation based on an evaluation of cost and value.
• Business Processes – For CityWest Homes Jon authored a comprehensive Asset Management Process Manual including process maps and procedures for all work carried out by the Asset Strategy Team. At Aareon Jon authored the UK’s first workflow based rent arrears system
• ALMOs – For LB Tower Hamlets, Jon developed and authored an options appraisal report weighing the costs, value and risks of options for the future management of the council’s housing stock and took the report through complex governance in a highly politicised setting to achieve the optimal outcome.
• Performance Improvement/ALMOs – For LB Tower Hamlets as ALMO Client Manager, Jon played a major role in moving Tower Hamlets Homes from zero to two stars in only 10 months by implementing a new governance structure that included reducing the size of the Board.
• Service Charges – Delivered a significant review of Estate Charges for Peabody/Gallions and a comprehensive review of leasehold policies for LB Tower Hamlets
News from Jon
December 15, 2018
September 17, 2018
April 30, 2018