Jenny is a CIPS qualified senior professional with wide experience in procurement and financial roles in the public sector including Housing, Local Government and Education.
With over 13 years’ experience Jenny has a demonstrable track record of strategy development, leading procurement teams and delivering cost and efficiency savings. she worked as Procurement Executive with the Northern Procurement Group, Procurement Manager with Fabrick Housing Group, Procurement & Financial Services Manager with Thirteen Housing Group and as Head of Procurement at Northampton Partnership Homes before moving into freelance interim and consultancy work.
Having led procurement teams within public sector organisations since 2005 she has a unique understanding and insight into the priorities, challenges and regulatory/treasury compliance constraints faced by the Public Sector including Local Authorities, Housing Associations and ALMOs.
Jenny specialises in developing procurement strategy linked to corporate objectives, option appraisals for alternative delivery models and leading cross functional project teams to deliver front line service improvements. she has taken the lead on sourcing strategies for a range of spend categories including planned investment works, estate services, grounds maintenance, building materials and FM.
She undertakes all aspects of procurement, including strategy development, risk management, regulatory compliance, document preparation and evaluation.
Notably, Jenny delivered £1.2m of procurement savings in the first 12 months with Fabrick Housing and £850k of savings within 18 months of joining Northampton Partnership Homes.
- Legal & General Affordable Homes: Appointment of a network of housing management providers to manage LGAH new build homes as they come online. She supported the full tender process including document drafting, managing bidder responses and managing communications between LGAH and bidders through the tender process.
- Exeter University: Procurement of a Planned Works framework – 6 lots covering general building and M&E works split in to value bands. 4-year framework. She provided support to the full procurement process.
- Sheffield Hallam University: Jenny gave procurement advice around conducting the tender and the evaluation process and ran the full tender to appoint the Scheme Managers.
- North Yorkshire County Council: Provided support to the full procurement process, but primarily advised on the structure of the tender and resulting contracts to package the works in the most commercially attractive way.
- Northampton Partnership Homes: Jenny supported and managed the full procurement process including contract drafting
Key areas of work: