Ceri specialises in governance and regulation and her work with Campbell Tickell spans the social housing, charity, public and private sectors.
As well as providing extensive support and advice to individual organisations, Ceri carries out sector-wide assignments: for example, recently co-writing the NHF’s Code of Governance 2020, and supporting Welsh Government to design new regulatory standards for the Welsh social housing sector. Clients tell Ceri they welcome the clear-sightedness and supportive challenge she brings to her work with them.
Immediately prior to joining CT (initially as an associate consultant) she was a consultant with PwC, supporting clients with projects such as local government re-organisation, operating model transformation, contract management and process redesign. Before this Ceri held roles in housing associations, local authorities, the Housing Corporation, and a university. She has extensive experience as a non-executive director including having been previously Vice-Chair of a housing association, Chair of a small homelessness charity and a member of the Regulatory Board for Wales (which oversees the regulation of Welsh housing associations).
She holds an MA(Oxon) in English Language and Literature and an MSc in Housing Practice (with distinction) and is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Housing (FCIH).
- Governance and Board effectiveness reviews
- Assessing compliance with a variety of codes of governance including the NHF Code of Governance, Charity Governance Code and the UK Corporate Governance Code
- Board appraisals and Board skills audits
- Investigatory work (e.g. where a regulatory breach or governance issue has occurred)
- Reviewing and redesigning governance structures
- Facilitating workshops and away days for Boards and senior staff
- Delivering training (for example, governance roles and responsibilities or how to be a ‘Board-ready’ Executive Team)
Key areas of work:
Governance / Regulation / Strategy / Research / Investigations / Housing Associations / Charities / Local Authorities / Sports Bodies