Helen is a senior finance professional with over 15 years’ experience in housing association finance.
Until 2016 Helen was Finance Director at Gateway Housing, where she: improved the operating margin; raised £60m of funding; set up an outright sales subsidiary; delivered stress testing; and demonstrated compliance against golden financial rules.
Prior to this Helen spent five years as Finance Director at an ALMO with 22,000 homes where she instigated efficiency savings of 18% of turnover over three years.
Helen chairs the Audit Committee at Greenfields Community Gateway Housing Association, where she has previously chaired the development committee and the finance working group, which oversaw negotiations for £185m of funding.
Helen is also a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Supported IDA rehearsals at four associations;
- Reviewed an association’s finances as part of an options appraisal;
- Completed due diligence on an organisation prior to a merger;
- Preparation and review of business plans;
- Assisted with finance director recruitment.
Key areas of work:
Finance / Risk / Business Planning