Helen is a Director at Campbell Tickell, with over 20 years’ experience as a senior financial professional in the housing sector.
Until 2016, Helen was Finance Director at Gateway Housing, where she improved the operating margin, raised £60m of funding, set up an outright sales subsidiary, delivered stress testing and demonstrated compliance against golden financial rules. Prior to this, Helen spent five years as Finance Director at a local authority arm’s length management organisation (ALMO) with 22,000 homes, where she instigated efficiency savings of 18% of turnover over three years.
Helen is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.
She formerly chaired the Audit Committee and prior to that the Development Committee at Greenfields Community Housing (now Eastlight Community Homes), where she oversaw the transition from a LSVT (large scale voluntary transfer organisation) to a RP (Registered Provider) with a development programme of 100 homes per annum. She chaired their new finance working group, which negotiated finance of £185m through a combination of new facilities and restatement of an existing facility.
- Review of rents to assess compliance with the Regulatory Standard and the Welfare Reform & Work Act;
- Long term business planning and stress testing – Helen is an accredited Brixx user and has prepared or validated over 20 models from under 1,000 homes to over 20,000;
- Supporting organisations with stress testing and mitigation plans, including Board training;
- Regulatory In-Depth Assessment support, focusing on financial resilience and risk;
- Strategy development and options reviews;
- Interim Finance Director at Crown Simmons Housing;
- Mentoring to Chief Executive and Director of Finance.
Key areas of work:
Finance / Risk / Business Planning / Rent / Strategy
News from Helen
Campbell Tickell is pleased to confirm that we are bringing in two long-standing associate consultants, Helen Routledge and Alistair Sharpe-Neal, into our in-house team, as well as promoting Senior Consultant Liz Zacharias to Director.April 1, 2021
We are pleased to bring you the brand new CT Brief – 50th edition! Read about: Black Lives Matter, diversity, the retail sector and urban housing, homelessness, rents & more!September 8, 2020