Glenn is an experienced housing professional with a career spanning two decades in the sector and a track record of success across a range of different disciplines over that time.
With specialisms in business growth, business development and stock rationalisation, he has provided extensive support to some of the largest mergers and stock rationalisation projects delivered in the housing sector to date.
He has worked with Campbell Tickell for five years, overseeing and project managing a number of mergers and stock acquisitions. Most recently, he has been involved in the following projects:
- Currently working with Southern Housing Group, project managing the delivery of due diligence relating to their proposed merger with Optivo;
- Providing extensive project management support and advice to Paradigm Housing Group in its recent acquisition of c.350 homes from One Housing Group and its “stock swap” with the Guinness Partnership involving c.3,000 homes;
- Due diligence project management support as part of the merger between Karbon Housing Group and Byker Community Trust;
- Project management support of Coast and Country Housing and Yorkshire Coast Homes merger to form Beyond Housing, which included the development and planning of an integration approach for the two organisations;
- Supporting Riverside Housing Group in its successful bid for Impact Housing Association in Cumbria and project management of the required due diligence to close the deal;
- Project management of due diligence for Knightstone Housing Association as part of its merger with DCH (Devon & Cornwall Housing) to form what is now LiveWest.
His previous roles have included the following:
1. Head of New Initiatives, Clarion Housing
This was a newly established post leading a team of five to identify and secure development opportunities with public sector partners. He led on the project management of joint bid for LB Haringey’s Asset Backed Development Vehicle opportunity with Morgan Sindall. He also led on successful delivery of Clarion’s HCA DPP3 bid, securing a place on the framework for all five regions.
2. Head of Housing Growth, Circle Housing
Glenn was the Circle Group lead for merger/acquisition and local authority stock transfer. He played a major project management role in the merger between Circle and Affinity Sutton. This included due diligence, development of the business case and pre-merger planning. He also led on the Group’s stock acquisition activity, including identifying suitable portfolios, leading bidding processes and project managing acquisition following preferred bidder status being achieved. During his time in the role, Circle was successful in the acquisition of a portfolio of stock from Southern Housing Group.