Roger is a senior professional with approaching 20 years’ experience in housing finance. He has a strong track record of operating at Executive Team level, reporting to Boards, in both permanent and interim roles.
He has developed a range of business plan projections with sensitivity and stress testing, linking through to the business risk maps and transforming the process to give greater clarity for Board and management teams, as well as developing CT’s stock appraisal and valuation modelling tools.
He is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants.
- Long term business planning and stress testing using Brixx – Roger is an accredited Brixx user and leads the Brixx business planning services offered by Campbell Tickell, building, maintaining and reviewing over 25 Brixx models for providers with between 250 and over 50,000 homes;
- Structural or merger-related Due Diligence reviews and competitor analysis – 12 projects that facilitated merger of providers from under 1,000 to over 50,000 homes;
- Stock appraisal and valuation – 10 projects involving successful bidding for multiple lots with multiple tenures including the largest stock swaps within the UK housing sector;
- Financial planning and modelling support in three projects involving applications for Registered Provider status with the Regulator of Social Housing;
- Financial modelling for specialist public and private funding in England and Ireland (Social Impact Bonds, homelessness and refugee support);
- Regulatory In-Depth Assessment support, primarily around financial resilience and risk – over 15 such projects;
- Acting as Interim Finance Director;
- Regulatory Return and quality assurance reviews;
- ‘Critical Friend’ review of risk strategies and mitigation planning;
- Executive and Board finance training & recruitment along with ongoing financial mentoring;
- Specialist reviews for the Housing Agency and the Housing Alliance in Ireland, including financial viability assessment tools and sector classification;
- Governance compliance reviews;
- Treasury policy advice;
- Sports partnership financial reviews;
- Conducting financial viability assessments for the former Homes & Communities Agency (now Regulator of Social Housing).
Key areas of work:
Finance / Risk / Governance / Strategy / Growth