Rents and service charge review
Campbell Tickell was initially commissioned by a substantial registered provider to help resolve queries by the Regulator on the Statistical Data Return and the level of rents charged during the 1% rent reductions.
We met with the relevant staff, compared what they had done to the requirements of the Welfare Reform and Work Act, and confirmed that the rules had been misapplied to one group of tenancies. We then established which units it applied to and validated the calculation of the overcharged rent to tenants.
Finally, we provided assurance that the rent policies for all the tenancy types complied with the Rent Standard, making suggestions to remove ambiguity and make easier to follow. Results were reported to the Board at each key stage.
The Board received assurance on:
- The application of the rules for the 1% rent reduction.
- The amount of the overcharge to residents.
- That the rent setting policies were fully compliant with the Rent Standard and met best practice and were a sound basis for setting rents in the future.
Find out how Campbell Tickell can help your organisation:
- Reviewing rent and service charge levels
- Ensuring compliance policies and procedures are followed
- Guidance on determining whether there are any issues with rent or service charges
- Assurance for the Board that rents are being set correctly
- Calculating any overcharges or undercharges
- Exploring any regulatory queries, e.g. on Statistical Data Returns
- Advising organisations that are exempt from the Rent Standard
Contact Helen Routledge, Finance Director on: +44 (0)20 8830 6777 or email email@example.com
Social’s Impact Chat with Maggie Rafalowicz
Maggie Rafalowicz, Director at Campbell Tickell, joined Luke Cross for Social’s Impact Chat to discuss the changing social housing landscape.December 20, 2022
CT Brief – Issue 63
We are really pleased to bring you the new CT Brief -Issue 63. The wide range of topics covered in this issue include organisational resilience, leadership, employment and staffing challenges, community, charities, health and homelessness, governance, and more!December 12, 2022
CT Brief 62 – Ireland special
We are really pleased to bring you the new CT Brief 62 – Ireland special. Articles including regulation, cost rental, homelessness, culture, and more!October 17, 2022
Interview with Lara Oyedele
Lara Oyedele is currently vice president of the Chartered Institute of Housing, and will become its president in October 2022.September 23, 2022