Phil is a senior professional with 30 years’ experience in housing association finance, including Finance Director roles at two G15 members. She has an excellent track record of reporting to Boards, operating at Executive Team level, directing large and small teams of staff, negotiating with funders, delivering value for money and environmental strategies, financial planning, and enabling growth.
She is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants.
- Regulatory In-Depth Assessment support, primarily around financial resilience, value for money and risk – over 12 such projects
- Long term business planning and stress testing using Brixx – validation of a business plan for a 1400-unit registered provider and support on stress testing, including training for the Board.
- Reviewing a draft report business plan/ stress test report for a 5000- unit registered provider and recommending to the client where this could be strengthened to meet the regulatory requirements.
- Undertaking a review of the finance function for an 800-unit registered provider, and recommending actions to improve performance and accountability to internal customers
- Reviewing a client’s draft quarterly returns and recommending changes to reduce queries from the Regulator
- Supporting a small housing co-operative to apply the Rent Standard correctly, including recalculation of all rents from 2016, checking the calculation of refunds due, drafting a letter to the Regulator and liaising with the relevant housing benefit department.
Key areas of work:
Finance/ Risk/ Strategy/ Rent setting