Sue is a Partner at Campbell Tickell, where she leads for the practice on finance and risk. She is an economist and a specialist in corporate finance, risk and assurance, regulation and governance. She has more than 20 years’ experience in social housing, as well as a background in forecasting, business modelling and pensions.
Her work includes:
- Supporting preparation for in-depth assessments at over 45 associations, with 230+ rehearsal interviews including 25 Chairs, Chair of Audit, CEOs and CFOs;
- Critical friend reviews of risk management, audit and assurance, strategic financial controls, asset and liability registers, and stress testing;
- Supporting partnership discussions and merger implementation;
- Working with social housing regulators including Homes and Communities Agency, Scottish Housing Regulator, Welsh Government, Northern Ireland Executive and Housing Agency (Ireland);
- Supporting associations in financial difficulties and undertaking financial investigations– many involving lenders and regulators; and
- Facilitating strategic workshops at Board and executive team level as well as Board training in finance, risk, audit, stress testing and NED responsibilities.
Sue is the Chair of the English Housing Ombudsman’s Audit and Risk Assurance Committee and the co-Chair of Housemark’s Business Assurance Club. For eight years she brought finance skills to the subsidiary board within a G15 housing group. She has also been a trustee of a care and support charity, a non-executive director of a NHS foundation mental health trust, the Chair of an inner London regeneration programme and a director of a commercial development company.
News from Sue
CT Partners, Greg Campbell, Sue Harvey and David Williams, discuss what’s next for housing associations over the next 12 months.April 1, 2021
What does 2021 look like for UK housing associations? Watch the webinar recording by Moody’s Investor’s Services.March 4, 2021
We are pleased to bring you the brand new CT Brief – Issue 52! Read about: sports governance and strategy; financial planning and stress-testing; getting your service charges right & more!November 30, 2020