Stuart Macdonald is a consultant working in communications, media and publishing. He is managing director of PR and communications agency See Media. Stuart is also a former award-winning journalist and editor on a number of national and business trade publications, including Inside Housing magazine and the London Evening Standard.
He has a particular expertise in the UK affordable and social housing sector. He works to help organisations better identify and tell their stories to their target audiences, using a suite of appropriate media channels. Through See Media he also offers a full range of content support including print and digital design, and web development.
During his 14 years as a journalist, Stuart established a wide network of contacts in local and national government, among policy-makers as well as with other journalists across the print and broadcast media.
Stuart was a board member of the International Building Press for some three years and president for the final year until February 2014. He is currently a trustee at World Habitat, a Leicestershire-based charity that promotes and explores good ideas to improve poor housing conditions wherever they exist around the world.
- ExtraCare Charitable Trust: PR support on raising the profile of the charity and promoting the launch of its retirement villages;
- Thrive: Helping identify and refine its vision, mission and values;
- Curo: Crafting key messages from strategy, exploring audience needs and creating a communications plan using multiple channels to successfully deliver key messages to address audience needs.
Key areas of work
- PR and communications/ Branding/ Publishing and design/ Media Training/ Strategy
- Care and support/Charities/Housing associations/Local authorities/Contractors/Consultancies