Stephen is a governance professional having worked for 25 years’ within the affordable housing sector. This includes experience of working as a regulator at the Housing Corporation (now the Regulator of Social Housing) Head of Governance at the National Housing Federation and for four years at Campbell Tickell as a Senior Consultant. He has extensive experience of presenting to Boards and Senior staff, formulating policy and working with others on key publications such as the Code of Governance and Merger code. At Campbell Tickell he has led on Board appraisals, Governance and Board effectiveness reviews, Board training, In Depth Assessment preparation and Board and senior staff recruitment.
Stephen works within the governance team at Campbell Tickell. He has extensive experience of governance in housing associations and charities and an excellent understanding of what good looks like. His experience includes:
- Regulation of c200 housing associations including registration of new providers.
- Production of new ‘Model Rules’ for community benefit societies, Code of Governance and Code of Conduct, assisting with publications on Board payment and merger code.
- Numerous Governance and Board effective reviews and skills audits for a range of housing associations and registered charities.
- Board appraisals. Stephen has both assisted the Chair to carry out appraisals and taken the lead in the appraisal process, including the appraisal interview.
- Presented at conferences for housing associations, charities, school governors and young leaders. He has facilitated Board awaydays and strategy sessions assisting members to have strategic conversations.
- Has assisted and led on a number of In Depth Assessment preparations including large and medium associations
- Stephen has been part of a recruitment team leading to the appointment of Board members, Board Chairs and senior governance roles within an organisation.
Stephen is a qualified chartered company secretary and is an associate of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA).
News from Stephen
CT Senior Consultant, Stephen Bull and Consultant Sade Joseph, share the main themes from our Board Survey 2020.March 17, 2021
Campbell Tickell is delighted to have supported the development of the new Code of Governance, which has accountability, diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and assurance at its core. Find out more.November 20, 2020
Latest findings form the CT Board Pay Survey.January 24, 2018