Keith has extensive experience at senior level in social housing property management as a consultant, interim and permanent member of staff. His consultancy skills include the ability to analyse technical and people issues, work within complex corporate and political environments, provide clear strategic advice and combine commercial acumen with expertise in the not-for-profit and local government sectors achieving high levels of client satisfaction. Keith has a track record of diagnosing problems, planning and implementing change and of making change stick.
Keith is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Building (FCIOB). He has also been a part of a Housing Forum’s working parties advising on collaborative working, KPIs in relation to major works delivery and repairs services. He has a paper published by the Kings College Law Society on EU procurement strategy and mobilisation and is a Freeman of the City of London and the Worshipful Guild of Constructors.
- Reviewed the Corporate and Housing Property Services Teams and the contractual arrangements used utilised to deliver all aspects of a Council’s maintenance and capital works recommending streamlining the technical services into a single property division and procuring main contractors to deliver General Building, M&E and Lifts under long term Partnering arrangements to secure VFM.
- Carried out a review of the policies, procedures and structure to deliver responsive repairs, voids and Gas safety. The maintenance provision was restructured under revised procedures to improve delivery and enhance probity, compliance and performance and unify processes across the group structure.
- Reviewed a Property Services team to resolve issues of high staff turnover, programme delivery, health and safety and contractual issues. The structure was modified, enabling strategies for team member delivery, revised works programmes and procurement strategies and introducing specialist H&S support were introduced.
- Led and assisted with numerous “critical friend” and other sensitive reviews including Stoke City Council, IDS, Thrive Housing, Gateway Housing and
- Maintenance, Asset management and compliance
- Review, options appraisals and change management.
- Partnering and EU procurement strategy and delivery.