Before entering housing, Jonathan’s background was in social care, managing residential care, remand units and family assessment centres. He was formerly chair of his local fostering and adoption panel and was one of the first Conduct Committee chairs of the General Social Care Council, the social work regulator.
Jonathan has managed housing, neighbourhoods and estates for various housing associations, ALMOs and local authorities, and developed a strong track record of delivering dramatic change quickly, particularly in organisations that have experienced serious service failings, fraud and mismanagement.
He combines his expertise in housing management, maintenance and organisational change to remove barriers from improving services and delivering the desired vision and values.
Jonathan works at a senior level with other directors and Boards to shape the strategic direction of services to maximise the impact for customers.
He is also a member of the Housing Committee for the Church of England Pensions Board.
Jonathan holds an ILM level 7 in Executive Coaching & Mentoring and is an Accredited Mediator.
- Delivery of Neighbourhood Management services for one housing association, 3 local authorities
- Delivery of maintenance services for 2 housing associations, 3 ALMOs, 2 local authorities
- Management of 2 DLOs following periods of instability and mismanagement
- Delivery of Organisational Development programmes for local authorities and housing associations
- Strategic maintenance reviews for ALMOs and housing associations
- Leadership development programmes for social care sector
Key areas of work: