Helen has worked in social housing for over twenty-five years. She is an affordable home ownership specialist with extensive experience in the fields of leasehold management, for both Right to Buy and shared ownership, service charges, sales and
marketing and private sector lettings.
Helen has worked in senior roles for two large housing groups where her responsibilities included the management of around 6000 shared ownership/leasehold homes and sales programme delivery, along with setting up and running the largest Help to Buy Agency in England. As a consultant since 2012, Helen has provided interim management and operational support to a range of registered providers, local authorities and private sector
Key project have included:
- Delivering comprehensive reviews of shared ownership/leasehold and Right to Buy services, including recommendations to improve performance and maximise opportunities to generate income to a range of local authorities and registered providers.
- Developing and delivering seminars and training on the Right to Buy and a variety of leasehold management topic areas for the National Leasehold Group and Chartered Institute of Housing.
- Delivering end-to- end tenant and leaseholder service charge reviews to a number of local authorities and registered providers.
- Providing independent support to leaseholders to resolve a complex leasehold management complaint.
- Advising on and developing Right to Buy and leasehold management/shared ownership policies and procedures
- Developing and implementing processes for the pilot Voluntary Right to Buy service and the National Right to Buy Agent service
- Setting up a commercial and trading subsidiary for a large northern ALMO
- Setting up a private sector leasing scheme and the management of market rent stock