Eddie is a Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants with significant senior financial management experience from time served across a range of private, public and third sector organisations, latterly as Director of Finance & ICT for Radius Housing, the largest housing association in Northern Ireland. In that role he also served as Finance Director of Fold Ireland, a Dublin-based Approved Housing Body providing general needs accommodation and supported housing with 24-hour care.
For much of his career, he held senior management responsibility for the development of business plans and the construction of financial models to support scenario planning, risk analysis, sensitivity and stress testing.
He has valuable experience of mergers and acquisitions, having played a key role in developing the financial plan that underpinned the creation of Radius Housing Association and in the rapid growth through acquisition of managed IT service provider Sx3 where he was Commercial Director.
As a former Director with the Northern Ireland Hospice and member of the Executive Committee of the Northern Ireland Council for Voluntary Action, he has a good understanding of the issues and challenges faced by social enterprises operating in the Third Sector.
At Radius Housing projects for which he had responsibility included:
- Developing, in conjunction with advisors JCRA (Rathbones), a revised Treasury Management policy for the Group;
- Introducing a new financial modelling application to support scenario planning and stress testing;
- Negotiating and securing a £30m term loan and £50m Revolving Credit Facility;
- Preparing for a credit rating and private placement for £150m funding to support future development plans;
- Developing the financial plan underpinning the 2017 merger of Fold and Helm HA’s to form Radius, and overseeing the integration of the finance / ICT teams and systems of the two Associations.
Eddie launched his own consultancy practice in 2019. He has worked with Campbell Tickell on a range of assignments, including for Crisis, DePaul Ireland, South West Housing Society, St Vincent de Paul, Tamar Housing Society, Inspire Wellbeing, the Salvation Army Trustee Company, Tuath Housing Association and Circle Voluntary Housing Association.