David Mynors is a highly experienced former IT Director and has worked in the housing sector for a large part of his career. His background includes: Procuring and implementing replacement housing management systems; setting up the data quality functions for customers and identifying compliance risks and putting in place processes to mitigate those risks; developing and implementing the ICT strategies for organisations; managing large scale systems procurements and implementations for Registered Providers and local government organisations.
David has excellent communication skills, often working as the link between technology and the business. He has a successful track record in improving outward facing services and a strong background in change control and implementation of technical projects.
David has worked in housing since he graduated with an engineering degree. David is a qualified PRINCE2 Practitioner and applies this methodology to his implementation projects.
- Programme to procure and implement a replacement Housing Management solution for a large Council. Successfully completed procurement within three months. Subsequently implemented core housing modules, self-service and mobile working;
- Supported a large housing group to improve data quality in the core ICT systems. Improved cost control and repairs delivery, eradicating wastage caused by doubling up of repairs works ordered through contractors;
- Designed the IT strategy for a Scottish Housing Association, including a communications strategy and migrating systems to a co-location site. Mobile working rolled out.
- Interim role with London Borough of Hackney managing the teams controlling performance management and data control and quality. Marked performance and satisfaction gains over two years.
- Headed a team to develop the programme of planning approval, site clearance, and construction for a £1 billion regeneration project for a London based consortium. Construction commenced to deliver around 5,000 new homes.
Key areas of work:
ICT / Procurement /Strategy / Project Management / Risk / Performance / Transformation / Information Technology
Housing Associations / RPs / Local Government / Councils