Danny is a senior development, property and housing professional.
He is a Chartered Surveyor, a member of the Policy Council of the Town & Country Planning Association, an Academician of the Academy of Urbanism and a member of the Residential Committee of the British Property Federation.
He is an independent member of Enfield’s Council’s Housing Advisory Group and past Vice-Chair of the National Housing Federation’s London Development Group.
He has held senior positions at The Guinness Partnership, Peabody Trust, English Partnerships and the Commission for the New Towns, and started his career in Investment & Valuation at real estate consultants, Healey & Baker.
Danny has extensive experience in:
- Delivering mixed tenure residential development and regeneration projects and programmes in London, the South-East and South Midlands;
- Implementing robust due diligence and risk management systems;
- Managing and realising value from property and land assets;
- Identifying, negotiating and securing property, development and construction transactions and partnerships;
- Managing significant capital and revenue budgets;
- Undertaking and critiquing complex and standard financial appraisals;
- Establishing quality control systems for design and construction;
As a consultant with Campbell Tickell, Danny has worked on a range of different projects including:
- For Cambridge University, advising on rent-setting for a mixed use and mixed tenure development of 3000 homes in north west Cambridge;
- For Great Ormond Street Hospital, advising on their property portfolio, including staff and student accommodation;
- For Kettering, Chesterfield and Welwyn Hatfield Councils, options appraisal on the potential for developing new homes, particularly through a local housing company;
- For Stoll, a veterans housing association, advising on a potential large land disposal and redevelopment;
- For JLiving, a development and options appraisal of a sheltered housing scheme.
Danny has recently provided development, regeneration and commercial viability advice to Barnet Homes, the London Borough of Harrow and the London Borough of Tower Hamlets.
He has just been appointed as an expert advisor to the Mayor of London’s Housing Delivery Taskforce.