Group Director of Housing and Property Management – Wheatley Group
About the role
Wheatley Group is Scotland’s leading housing, care and property-management organisation. The group offers an award-winning range of services aimed at ‘Making Homes and Lives Better’ for over 210,000 customers across 19 local authorities in Scotland.
We are looking for a new Group Director to drive our vision and values and make them a reality. With our current Group Director of Housing and Property Management set to retire in early 2024, we have an exciting opportunity for a new person to join our Executive Team and help lead the organisation on our journey to excellence.
You will lead the transformation of the organisation at this crucial stage in our journey to delivering our five-year strategy, ‘Your Home, Your Community, Your Future’. This role will lead our housing and property-management subsidiaries and be responsible for overseeing the leadership of housing, environmental services, community engagement, commercial letting and factoring services.
- contribute to the strategic management of the organisation:
- develop and deliver housing and commercial services in line with our ‘Your Home, Your Community, Your Future’ strategy;
- work closely with local and national partners and also stakeholders to deliver on our ambitious targets;
- report directly to the CEO and Group Boards, with a key focus on delivering significant performance results set out in Wheatley Group’s business plan.
- must be operating in a senior leadership role with a proven track record of successfully leading, managing, and developing complex large-scale projects with public/private sector partnerships;
- must have experience in driving business transformation and creating personalised and innovative services;
- be able to demonstrate a deep understanding of procuring complex housing/urban programmes or projects of a comparable nature within a public and private sector environment;
- and be able to engage in local communities and disparate interest groups, with an understanding of the economic, social, physical environmental drivers aligning customer focused services with business priorities.
|Closing date||Stage 1 interviews||Stage 2 interviews|
|Fri 6 Oct 2023 at 12pm||w/c Mon 16 Oct 2023||w/c Mon 30 Oct 2023|
How to apply
Please download and review the recruitment pack and associated documents below:
Send an up to date CV and supporting statement, detailing how you meet the criteria for this role using the person specification, along with your completed declaration form. We advise that your supporting statement is no longer than 3 pages and your CV no more than 3 pages. Your CV must contain dates worked and a brief description of your key responsibilities for each role including consultancy/project work.
Once complete, please use the button below to apply:
Please ensure we receive your application in good time. If you do not see a confirmation message after submitting your application using the online form, please call us on 020 3434 0990.