Clare Roberts BSc MIPD is one of the best known names in human resources and recruitment in the social housing sector.
A former Personnel Director of UK Housing Trust (now part of North British Housing Association), she has been an HR consultant for over 20 years, and was for many years a Senior Associate Consultant with Tribal HCH.
Clare has now worked for Campbell Tickell as their Lead Human Resources Consultant for 4 years.
She has extensive experience in all areas of personnel management, and is a member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
Clare has been responsible for:
- Designing and implementing job evaluation systems and salary structures for organisations employing from 5 to 500 staff;
- Developing the HR framework for new organisations, and reviewing the organisational structures for existing organisations;
- Assisting with the implementation of new Group Structures including managing the internal recruitment process and ensuring that this isÂ transparent and accountable;
- Designing and implementing performance management and appraisal systems;
- Advising on the remuneration package and appropriate appraisal mechanism for Chief Executives and Management Teams;
- Regular recruitment of Chief Executives and other senior staff, and managing large recruitment campaigns;
- Advising on employment law, including TUPE;
- Consultation with unions and staff;
- Board training, assessment and recruitment; andÂ
- Dealing with specific issues, e.g. difficult disciplinaries and grievance investigations into alleged race and sex discrimination, management of sickness absence.